Monday 15 June 2009

Guitar Project

Ok, so the first summer project is to start building a guitar. Its something I've wanted to do for a long time, and after buying my 8th guitar i thought it was about time. I bought the pieces from various places and saved up an unhealthy collection of guitar parts; ranging from pickups to scratchplates.I'm first starting work on the body, I've wet sanded the body with p800 which will provide a good surface for the primer. I'm thinking about taking the body to a body shop to get the paint job done professionally, I'm hoping for a surf green finish with some nice Seymour Duncan pickups. After my very first strat guitar's electrics were damaged years ago i managed to teach myself how to rewire the whole pickups back together from schematics diagrams, and nothing feels nicer than playing your first guitar again. There always something nice about picking up a strat- i know there is this whole "Gibson guitars are the best", but I'm in love with my Fender guitars thankyou.
I'll keep posting my progress, or my lack of progress.






No comments:

Post a Comment